Inside: Looking for a fun alternative to a boring vase for your fall flower arrangements? Make this super easy DIY pumpkin vase to elevate your autumn table in five minutes!
A fall craft that requires no skill?
And that’s so fast that you can get back to decorating for the cozy season in five minutes?
Sign me up.
This DIY pumpkin vase idea is not only so easy, it’s the perfect addition to any style decor, depending on what you fill it with!
This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission, at no extra charge to you. I only recommend products that I love or would purchase for myself. See my full disclosure here.
What you’ll need to make a fall DIY pumpkin vase.
- Foam craft pumpkin
- Sharp knife
- Glass or cup with the diameter you’d like the hole
To make my faux pumpkin look a little less fake, the first thing I did was add some pale yellow wax and craft paint. You can see my tips for this in the post, “How to Make Faux Pumpkins Look Like the Real Deal“.
The three simple steps to make a pumpkin vase.
This fall craft is absolutely as easy as 1-2-3!
1. The first step is to place the glass or cup upside down centered on top of the pumpkin and draw an outline around it.
2. The next step is to insert the tip of the knife into the line and carefully carve out the circle, following the pencil outline.
3. Pull off the top and you have an instant pumpkin vase! (Save the top of the carved pumpkin in case you’d ever like to glue it back in place.)
This is truly one of those DIY projects that almost anyone can do!
Can I make a pumpkin vase with a real pumpkin?
This craft is so easy and quick when it’s done with a faux foam pumpkin. But if you’d like to take the time, real is always more beautiful in person! After following these first three steps, you’ll just need to clean the inside of the pumpkin out, removing all the flesh.
What to put in a pumpkin vase for fall.
The look of this fall craft is unlimited, depending on what you choose for your flower arrangement. You can go colorful, neutral, or even have it hold a green plant.
If you want to use real flowers instead of faux flowers, simply insert the glass you drew the outline with into the hole, and fill it with water to hold the flowers. Or place some wet floral foam inside the pumpkin and insert cut flowers into it.
For my white pumpkin vase, I chose an assortment of faux stems with berries and faux leaves. The dark muted orange shades are a great way to compliment the cream color.
The simple DIY was such a fun way for me to (literally) bring more fall to the table!
See my pumpkin vase arrangement and this fall’s kitchen decor in my tour post, “Cozy Fall Kitchen + Family Room Tour“.
More ideas for this cute craft.
Get creative and have some fun with your basic pumpkin vase with these ideas:
- Change out the floral arrangements throughout the autumn months: Try dried muted florals for early fall, Halloween colors with black for the spooky season, and a gorgeous bouquet of fresh flowers on the dining room table for a special Thanksgiving meal.
- Use the pumpkin vase as a more special way to give mums or other flowers as hostess gifts.
- Carve smaller pumpkins and pop in a small live green plant for a cute party favor.
If you use this easy craft or any of my fall posts to help you decorate your home, please share a photo and tag @southernhomeandhospitalityblog on Instagram so that we can all enjoy, and I can share your inspiration in my stories!
Before you go:
As always, I appreciate your visit, comments, and shares here on the blog! I’d love it if you also follow along with me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube so you won’t miss any of my inspiration and ideas.
Don’t forget to sign up for updates to keep in touch.
If you’re not already a member of the SH&H family, I’d love to have you join me! You’ll not only get email updates, but you’ll have exclusive access to all the bonus materials in my free subscriber-only library, like this:
Pin it to remember it!
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please pin and share this on Pinterest: